On top of Montmartre, beside the Sacré Cœur,
Claire’s elegantly arty, independent room
with snazzy bathroomi s perfect for couples
The steep climb is worth every characterful step. Up one floor, through a garden where convivial picnics happen, up again: Claire lives at the top of a real old Montmartre house: wonky stairs, the neighbour’s cat, a sense of community.
The window of your room gives dramatically onto the whole of Paris.
The Sacré Cœur peeks into a super-stylish bathroom; the room is not big but hugely attractive in its mix of fascinating brocante (Claire was in antiques) and clean-limbed modernity, with space for two easy chairs. Delicious breakfast comes to you on a 1950s trolley, Claire is a mine of information…
- No smoking: Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- English spoken: Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- WiFi Wireless: internet access available.
- Pets welcome: Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport: Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
Read the full article